Casablanca -Take 2
Auctioneers do not come much bigger than Bonhams
“Of all the auction houses in all the towns in all the world, it had been wheeled into Bonhams on Madison Avenue for a sale of movie memorabilia” the piano that is from the movie Casablanca which sold at auction for a massive $3.4 million making it one of if not the most expensive pianos in the world .
Here at Global Door it was not the sale of the piano that caught our attention – we took a lot more interest in a Yahoo Article also recording the sale, which offered the following snippet
“The doors featured in the entrance of Rick’s Cafe sold for $115,000, having been estimated at $75,000 to $100,000.”
Could they possibly have been the same pair of Global Victorian doors we referenced in our recent Global Door at the Movies Blog blog and as featured in the above screenshot from the movie?
Maybe we should be thinking of contacting the Guiness Book of Records as the seller of the most expensive pair of Composite Doors in history – we know they are very good doors indeed – manufactured to rigorous quality controlled standards and comprise-
- a reinforced hardwood frame
- a solid thermally insulated polyurethane foam core slab
- a 2mm thick durable GRP through coloured skin to prevent warp, twist bow etc
- a thickness of 44mm which adds to the strength and creates a strong secure door.
– even so $115,000 seems just a bit steep for a pair of doors and of course at Global Door we would never charge our customers excessive rates – all of our doors whichever style you choose are all priced at competitive rates. If you buy one today we can guarantee it should last for thirty years unfortunately we cannot guarantee it will have appreciated in value to anything like $115,000.